Mobile developers are working with all kinds of graphics assets and until now, to preview them, we would use an external tool to browse them.
We have developed a plug-in for both Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio that will provide live previews of various assets right into the IDE. It works particularly well for UrhoSharp projects.
- Static Models (*.mdl files)
- Materials, Skyboxes, Textures (*.dds)
- Animations (*.ani)
- 2D and 3D Particles (*.pex)
- Urho Prefabs (*.xml if the XML is an Urho Prefab)
- Scenes (*.xml if the XML is an Urho Scene)
- SDF Fonts (*.sdf)
- Post-process effects (*.xml if the XML is an Urho RenderPath)
- Urho UI layouts (*.xml if the XML is an Urho UI).
For Visual Studio, just download the previwer from the Visual Studio Gallery.
For Xamarin Studio, go to Xamarin Studio > Add-ins go to the "Gallery" tab, and search for "Graphics asset previewer" and install.