The demo shows:
- The latest MonoDevelop IDE in action: creating a project made up of components and libraries written in multiple languages.
- Three different languages consuming the Gtk# API.
- The Mono Debugger in action. The debugger is a library and there are two front-ends that consume this library: a GUI front-end as seen on this screencast and a command-line front-end.
- MonoDevelop's new templates for Boo and Java.
- Three different languages instantiating and inheriting code from another language.
The Java magic is achieved through IKVM and the GNU Classpath.
Read Lluis' blog for more information on the futures for MonoDevelop.
Better Late than Never
Found about the existance of ccMixter: the Creative Commons site for sampling, mashing and sharing music.
Zoltan Takes on the The Last Frontier
Zoltan, hacker extraordinaire, has embarked on the last frontier.