We have just released our first preview of Moonlight 3.0.
This release contains many updates to our 3.0 support, mostly on the infrastructure level necessary to support the rest of the features.
In the release:
- MP4 demuxer support. The demuxer is in place but there are no codecs for it yet (unless you build from source code and configure Moonlight to pick up the codecs from ffmpeg).
- Initial work on UI Virtualization.
- Platform Abstraction Layer: the Moonlight core is now separated from the windowing system engine. This should make it possible for developers to port Moonligh to other windowing/graphics systems that are not X11/Gtk+ centric.
- The new 3.0 Binding/BindingExpression support is in.
- Many updates to the 3.0 APIs
The above is in addition to some of the Silverlight 3.0 features that we shipped with Moonlight 2.0.
For the adventurous among you, our SVN version of Moonlight contains David Reveman's pixel shader support: